Caring for your Isabella Queen bag
Isabella Queen takes great pride in the British craftsmanship of each unique product. From our atelier in London, we create beautiful leather bags from the most carefully selected, exquisite, reputable and ethically sourced Italian natural leathers of the highest quality, and all our patterns are unique and designed in-house to give you the most memorable experience as an Isabella Queen bag owner.
Your bag is made from Italian Calf leather and is a hard wearing product that, with care and attention, should last many years.
We recommend that you take the following measures to get the most out of your bag:
- Handle your bag, especially lighter bags, with clean hands.
- Avoid rubbing your bag against rough or sharp surfaces to minimise scratching.
- Avoid handling the bag after applying beauty products, face foundations or hand creams.
- When not wearing it, store your bag in its dust bag cover or use a natural fibre soft pillowcase.
- If your bag has a chain handle, store the chain inside the bag to avoid scratching the outside leather when the bag is resting.
- Due to the delicate nature of the gold finish, some surface finishing may be lost with time and abrasion. This cannot be re-applied.
- Avoid exposing your bag to water. If the leather does get wet, please wipe off any water, using a paper towel, and allow it to dry naturally. Following this, we would recommend that you apply a leather protection cream to help repel water and nourish the leather. However, please remember to test any product on an unobtrusive section of your bag beforehand.
- Although leather is very durable, it is not indestructible. Exposure to extreme cold or heat and improper care or cleaning can crack and dry leather skin and remove finishes and colours. If left in direct sunlight, there is also a chance that the colour of your bag may fade.
- Your bag will age over time and this is normal as it is a natural product. You can apply products made for minor scuffs and abrasions to buff leather, however please remember to test any product on an unobtrusive section of your bag beforehand.
- The leather is soft and supple, with natural variations and creasing that will add character with age. Due to the natural characteristics of this leather, some highly coloured dyes in the leather may transfer across to lighter clothing and vice-versa. Care should be taken when wearing against light coloured clothing.
- When carrying a light coloured bag, consider using pencils rather than pens as pen stains can be difficult to remove. Don’t use your bag as a rest to place paper and write notes as pointed pens, pencils and other writing tools can leave impression marks through paper rested on firm leathers.
- Be careful when you visit the hairdresser with your bag, as hair products can easily splash onto handbags left nearby. Clippings of chemically treated hair can land on the bag and leave marks.
- You may choose to care for your leather bag as with other leather products, using an appropriate protector such as a high performance waterproofing spray for leather. Most water-stop sprays prevent dirt penetration and contain UV filters to prevent colour fade. However, please remember to test any product on an unobtrusive section of your bag beforehand.
If you have any specific enquiries about the leather we use or about caring for your bag, please contact us.
We hope you enjoy your bag for years to come.